« Home | Viral & Social Networks » | Studio Brief: » 

Friday, February 10, 2006 

CarnivorePE

I had actually started writing about one of the Carnivore clients listed on the site, and then I realised that I should probably look into the Carnivore engine itself.

So what is CarnivorePE?

Carnivore is an application which is based on a similar program called 'DCS1000' and was developed by the FBI as a way of performing electronic wire-taps [I believe it is the reason that Hugh Jackmans character was previously arrested in the film 'Swordfish' for those that are as geeky about random details as I am!].

The CarnivorePE program was developed by the Radical Software Group [RSG]. This version, allows the user to access the internet traffic flowing across a network such as email and web browsing. This data is accessable by the various scripted clients.

Currently the data packets being transmitted can be used by Flash, Processing, Director, Java, Max, PERL, PHP and Visual Basic applications.

The clients created using this information are extremely varied both in terms of the visual language used and the concepts being explored.

About me

  • I'm Paul Coffield
  • From Huddersfield, United Kingdom
My profile